Firefighters Respond to Mario’s Restaurant in East Setauket Friday Night

Firefighters responded to an emergency at Mario’s Restaurant on Main Street in East Setauket. Calls came in to 911 on Friday night June 23rd. Suffolk Police say they got the call at about 9:50pm.

Witnesses on the scene evacuated from the restaurant. Early reports are of smoke damage to the building but no cause or location of any fire was determined at the time of the writing of this story. Firefighters were also seen at the front of the Setauket Gourmet Deli in the same shopping center breaking into the front door.

Some witnesses said that firefighters reported that it might have been a faulty water heater.

Videos of the scene show fire department vehicles and firefighters on the scene with smoke rolling out of what looks like the rear of the building. Witnesses also said emergency personnel cut the roof of the building.

In 2019, another fire broke out at the restaurant causing extensive damage.

We will update this story as more information becomes available.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *